A Crystal Message about the Healing Properties of Aquamarine: “Feel the element of water wash over you, cleansing you of any excess emotional energy. Allow yourself to be in the universal flow – don’t fight the current. I am here to help you release that which weighs you down.”
Common Healing Properties of Aquamarine:
- Promotes acceptance
- Encourages calm energy and tranquility
- Stimulate creativity
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Balances your emotions
- Enhance group cooperation and communication
- Signifies friendship
- Renews love and rejuvenates passion in marriage
- Relieves upset stomach
- Defends justice and honor
- Protects travelers
- Connects you to the water element (strengthening the emotions and the intuition)
- Provides a soothing energy when it’s needed most
- Eases moods
- Supports gentle healing of fears & phobias
Colors: Soft blue-green, sky blue
Associated Chakras: Throat (5th)
Zodiac Signs: Aquarius, Pisces, Cancer, Libra, Scorpio
Companion Flowers: Toad Lily
Companion Essential Oil: Birch
Companion Stone: Kunzite
Common Origins: Brazil, India, Africa
Notes: Aquamarine is the blue variety of Beryl.
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get information about the chemical composition, hardness, streak, etc. of this crystal from one of my favorite sites!
Cathy Douglas, from my new age shop Mimosa Books & Gifts, had this to share:
Aquamarine, like emerald, is a form of beryl (Be3Al2(Si O3)6). As you might guess from its name, aquamarine has always had a connection with the sea. In ancient times, sailors wore it for protection. The Romans also felt it promoted friendship; a piece of aquamarine with a frog carved into it was a token of friendship. In fact, this was such a powerful talisman that giving an aquamarine frog to an enemy was supposed to turn that person into a friend.
Aquamarine was also supposed to rejuvenate marriages, making old love new again. On a less lofty note, it also relieved belching and yawning (though come to think of it, that alone might save more than a few marriages.) Its protective side extends beyond sailing. It was used to defend warriors in battle, and help innocent people stand up against malicious litigation. At its heart, aquamarine will always be a sea-loving stone, and there are even stories of using it to attract mermaids.
Safety note: Since aquamarine contains aluminum, please don’t use it for making elixirs.
Learn to use POWERFUL Crystal Affirmations!
Latest posts by Ashley Leavy (see all)
- Healing Properties of White Diamond - September 18, 2017
- Why do some people feel crystals and others feel nothing? The Truth About Crystals and Energy… - September 12, 2017
- Healing Properties of Aquamarine - September 4, 2017