A Crystal Message about the Healing Properties of Carnelian: “You are motivated by divine purpose. Allow yourself to tap into Universal creativity and feel it flow through you. If you remain focused, you will manifest your vision with ease.”
Common Healing Properties of Carnelian:
- Helps you to feel grounded
- Enhances creativity & the flow of creative ideas
- Increases motivation
- Stimulates success in business and financial endeavors
- Assists you in overcoming negative thought patterns and self-limiting beliefs
- Enhances sexual energy
- Improves concentration
- Opens your heart chakra to divine guidance and love
- Instills a sense of peace and calming within the user
- Removes negative energy from items or from your environment
- Helps lessen pain associated with the back or with the sciatic nerve
- Speeds up recovery of broken bones
- Remedies sluggish digestion by enhancing the digestive fire
- Aids with emotional balance
- Helps heal the reproductive organs
- Increases blood circulation
- Regulates menstruation
- Assists with energetic cleansing & purifying
Colors: Orange, Burnt Orange, Mango
Associated Chakras: Root (1st), Sacral (2nd), Heart (4th)
Zodiac Signs: Aries, Leo
Companion Flowers: Torch Lily
Companion Essential Oil: Ginger
Companion Stone: Blue Quartz
Common Origins: Sausalito, California; Sri Lanka; China
Notes: When Carnelian is banded, it is often called “Carnelian Agate.”
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get information about the chemical composition, hardness, streak, etc. of this crystal from one of my favorite sites!
The staff from my new age shop, Mimosa Books & Gifts, had this to share:
Carnelian is chalcedony which iron oxide gives an orange to red color. Carnelian helps you overcome negative thought patterns and approach your endeavors with new energy. Sard is like carnelian, except that the color tends more toward brown. Its banded form is called sardonyx.
The ancient Egyptians prized carnelian reasons both practical and metaphysical. Since wax doesn’t stick to it, this form of chalcedony works well for seal. And its golden-red color reminded them of the sun setting over the desert, symbolizing the immortality of the soul. Carnelian often accompanies turquoise, the fiery qualities of the one balancing the air and water associations of the other. Egyptians personified these qualities through the fierce lion goddess Sekhmet and the mild Hathor, who sometimes appears as a cow.
Because of its color, carnelian was associated with the magical blood of Isis. The Egyptian Book of the Dead says the carnelian should be “dipped into the juice of aukhama [sorry, I’ve been unable to discover what this is], then inlaid into the substance of the sycamore wood and put on the neck of the deceased. Whoever has this chapter read to him, the virtue of Isis protects him; Horus, the son of Isis, rejoices in seeing him, and no way is barred to him.”
A scarab beetle of carnelian, with signature hieroglyphs on the bottom, might be an amulet for either the living or the dead. It could be set in a ring of clay, to be worn and used as a signature seal. Such a seal could also be placed over the heart of the deceased to be used in the afterlife.
Learn to use crystals with POWERFUL Crystal Affirmations!