Vera Cruz Amethyst is a beautiful and highly prized, pale lilac variety of Amethyst from Vera Cruz, Mexico.
A Crystal Message About the Healing Properties of Vera Cruz Amethyst: “I am connected with the violet ray of divine knowledge and wisdom, and I tap into my inner knowing..”
Common Healing Properties of Vera Cruz Amethyst:
- Promotes spiritual growth
- Connects you with your spirituality
- Instills an attitude of compassion
- Promotes thoughts of Lovingkindness
- Helps you recognize and address issues arising from a lack of compassion
- Enhances the nurturing aspects of your personality
- Opens your heart to receiving divine guidance and love
- Helps you connect with your guides so that you can better serve your community
- Opens your eyes to important life lessons
- Helps keep you humble
- Promotes deep states of meditation
- Stimulates your intuition and inner knowing in order to provide you with guidance about your life path and soul purpose
- Encourages you to appreciate the present moment and the gifts it has to offer you
Elements: Air; Water
Companion Flowers: Violet
Companion Essential Oil: Lavender
Companion Stone: Morganite
Common Origins: Vera Cruz, Mexico
Notes: As this is a variety of Amethyst, the properties of Amethyst also apply
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get information about the chemical composition, hardness, streak, etc. of this crystal from one of my favorite sites!
Amethyst is a variety of quartz that ranges in color from the lightest lilac to a deep violet. It’s been considered a protective, healing stone from the earliest times. In fact, even its name refers to one of its ancient protective functions: a (anti-) + methustos (intoxicated). Wine taken from an amethyst cup, it was said, would never make you drunk! A possible mechanism for this: the host may have disguised the fact that they’d watered down the wine by pouring it into a deep purple cup.
Amethyst has kept its association with virtue through time, protecting one’s better nature against temptation. In fact, the highest grade of amethyst is still known as “bishop’s grade” and an alternative name for Amethyst is “Bishop’s Stone.”
More About Amethyst:
Amethyst makes a good meditation stone. It’s common stone, useful for its calming protective energy. I think of it as pairing well with lavender as both amethyst and lavender calm the body and mind, nurturing you into other states of consciousness.
The varieties Amethyst crystals are as diverse as they are beautiful, and becoming familiar with the differences and similarities in these treasured stones can be really helpful. That’s why, in my Amethyst Crystals from Around the World Course, I’ve shared information about the different energetic qualities of 12 different types of Amethysts from around the globe – because intimately understanding the unique characteristics of these crystals deepens our understanding of the mineral kingdom as a whole!
You’ll learn key information about Amethyst, like…
- An introduction to Amethyst crystals including what makes an Amethyst, a brief history of the stones, and a tour of some examples of the stones from Ashley’s collection
- An in-depth look at 12 different types of Amethyst stones including Brandberg, Chevron, Citrine-Headed, Green, Indian, Oaxacamer, Uruguayan, Vera Cruz, & more including their origin/locality, healing properties, identifiable features, etc.
- A discussion about other Amethyst-containing minerals like Ametrine, Super Seven, and Auralite-23
As crystal healers, it’s important for us to be able to identify and differentiate lots of different crystal types as well as to understand the similarities and subtle differences between the stones we work with for healing. You’ll learn more about all of this when you sign-up for my Amethyst Crystals from Around the World Course!