Because color can influence or even change the way we think and feel, it’s great to keep them in mind when you’re selecting crystals to work with. Color is perhaps the reason you’re even drawn to certain crystals. Each color has a myriad of properties, just like the stones themselves. When you select stones based on their inherent properties along with the particular properties of a color, you’re bound to experience even better healing results!
Color has been proven to affect the mind, moods, and personal wellbeing. By having an understanding of the effects that color has on the body, you will be better able to select stones for specific healing and treatment practices.
The unique energy vibration of each color ray, combined with the amplification ability of crystals make working with crystal color vibration a powerful healing technique.
- RED: Love, passion, energy, vitality, physical healing, enthusiasm, motivation, courage, strength, creativity (Garnet, Red Jasper, & Ruby)
- ORANGE: Strength, authority, attraction, success, emotional release, abundance, creativity (Carnelian, Imperial Topaz, & Amber)
- YELLOW: Clairvoyance, learning, intellect, personal power, strength, awakening (Citrine, Golden Tiger’s Eye & Golden Calcite)
- GREEN: Meditation, fertility, wealth and prosperity, luck, emotional healing, calming, balancing, inner-peace (Malachite, Peridot, & Green Aventurine)
- BLUE: Serenity, tranquility, forgiveness, communication, self-expression, spirituality (Blue Lace Agate, Blue Calcite, & Aquamarine)
- INDIGO: Intuition, psychic awareness, meditation, channeling (Lapis Lazuli, Sodalite, & Iolite)
- VIOLET/PURPLE: Spiritual healing and alignment, spirituality, wisdom, charity, generosity, gratitude (Amethyst, Sugilite, & Charoite)
- WHITE: Protection, peace, purification, truth, higher consciousness, clarity (Quartz, Selenite, & Scolecite)
- PINK: Emotional healing, love, friendship, harmony, affection, nurturing, comfort, self-love and acceptance (Rose Quartz, Rhodonite, & Rhodochrosite)
- TEAL: Emotional healing, emotional protection, peace and calming (Turquoise, Chrysocolla, & Amazonite)
- BROWN: peace, calming (Banded Aragonite, Smoky Quartz, & Dravite Tourmaline)
- BLACK: grounding, protection (Black Tourmaline, Black Onyx, & Tektite)
Try the following technique to help you understand the subtle energetic vibrations of color:
Gather a group of the same type of crystal, but in a variety of colors (Calcite works well because it is very affordable and comes in a huge variety of colors). Hold each crystal in your hand, one at a time, and try to detect any energetic differences within the stones based on their color energy.
I suggest that you keep a journal to jot down any feelings or insights you have about how color affects the energy you feel from the crystals.