A Crystal Message about the Healing Properties of Peridot: “Feel my energy shield you from harm and negativity. Know that you are a strong and powerful being. Allow yourself to be surrounded in my healing light and feel your body, mind, and spirit come into perfect alignment.”
Common Healing Properties of Peridot:
- Enhances protection
- Disintegrates negative energy from the aura
- Heals and balances the body, mind, and spirit
- Assists with organization
- Enhances feelings of personal power
- Increases self-confidence and inner strength
- Manifests physical and spiritual abundance
- Increases luck and good fortune
- Shields the heart chakra after emotional trauma
- Balances the endocrine system
- Eases emotional tension
- Promotes clarity
- Regenerates energy to the physical body
Colors: Spring green, lime green
Associated Chakras: Heart (4th)
Zodiac Signs: Leo, Virgo, Taurus
Elements: Earth, Air
Companion Flowers: Orchid
Companion Essential Oil: Lime
Companion Stone: Erythrite
Common Origins: California, USA
Notes: Also known as Olivine
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get information about the chemical composition, hardness, streak, etc. of this crystal from one of my favorite sites!
Cathy Douglas, from my new age shop Mimosa Books & Gifts, had this to share:
Peridot (pronounced either PEAR-a-dot or PEAR-a-doe) is the gemstone variety of the mineral olivine. It is the birthstone for August.
The lore of peridot has remained remarkably consistent through time. Ancient Egyptians, Greeks and others associated it with the sun, and through the dark ages, medieval times and into modern times, many authorities claimed that this solar association made peridot the most effective crystal for protection against evil. Various writers from that time recommended peridot for necromancers, people plagued by hauntings, and anyone possessed by an unclean spirit. It was also a most effective stone to use against frightening things that happen at night — anything from nightmares and night terrors to sleep paralysis, which was thought to be the work of a creature called the Night Hag.
Recommendations for peridot’s use were also very consistent: you would wear a bead of it strung on the hair of a donkey around your left arm for general protection from dark forces, or set in a donkey’s jaw to make a kind of weapon against any kind of “devil.” (One must wield this club with the left hand). If peridot is set in metal, that metal should be gold, which also has solar associations. Modern crystal practitioners still recommend peridot for healers and people with psychic abilities, because of its power to protect them from negative energy that may be attached to clients and other people.
Learn to use POWERFUL Crystal Affirmations!
Latest posts by Ashley Leavy (see all)
- Stones from Space: Using Tektites & Meteorites for Healing & More - January 17, 2018
- Gemstones for the Days of the Week - January 10, 2018
- Top 5 Quick Fix Ways to Use Crystals for the New Year - January 3, 2018