A Crystal Message about the Healing Properties of Ametrine: “Allow yourself to be playful, open-minded, and curious as you explore the mineral kingdom on this amazing crystal journey!”
Common Healing Properties of Ametrine:
- Enhances lucidity
- Aids in decision-making
- Promotes personal strength
- Increases knowledge and wisdom
- Creates a connection between yourself and the Universe
- Protects you against negative energies
- Blocks electromagnetic stresses
- Enhances motivation
- Relieves energetic causes of insomnia
- Enhances memory
- Promotes positive dreams and aids in their interpretation
- Assists with emotional balance
- Aids in receiving and interpreting Divine guidance
- Helps you become open to your intuition and psychic abilities
- Strengthens your metabolism and immune system energetically
- Enhances meditation
- Eases headaches (especially those caused by energetic blockages)
- Facilitates a connection with the spirit
- Aids in weight loss by addressing food-addiction and portion-control problems
- Heals and cleanses the mind, body, and spirit
- Increases creativity
- Protects you from negative energies
- Activates your intuition
- Helps you to manifest abundance, wealth, and prosperity
- Encourages sharing
- Promotes happiness and joy
- Increases your self-esteem and confidence
- Encourages a positive attitude
- Enhances concentration
- Helps you to overcome your fears
- Increases ease of communication
- Balances your emotions
- Instills inner-strength and inner power
- Can energetically diminish the symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Energetically supports the healing of eye problems
- Energetically helps with blood circulation
- Can help to rebalance your energy to relieve menstrual or digestive problems
- Energetically supports and balances the thyroid
Associated Chakras: Solar Plexus Chakra, Third Eye Chakra, Crown Chakra
Zodiac Signs: Aquarius, Leo, Virgo
Elements: Air, Fire
Companion Flowers: Crocus
Companion Essential Oil: Lavender
Companion Stone: Prehnite
Common Origins: Bolivia, Brazil
Notes: Also known as Bolivianite, Trystine, Amethyst-Citrine, or as Citrine-Amethyst. This stone is a combination of Amethyst and Citrine found in the same stone. This combination is due to uneven heating during the crystal’s formation. Therefore, it also embodies the properties of both of these stones.
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get more information about this crystal!
The staff at my new age shop, Mimosa Books & Gifts, had this to share:
Ametrine is a naturally occurring combination of amethyst and citrine. Both minerals have the same chemical composition, but when exposed to high heat purple Amethyst transforms into golden citrine. In ametrine, that transformation was only partially finished, creating a beautiful golden-to-violet range of color, uniquely combined in each individual piece. The combination makes it an interesting crystal metaphysically, connecting the solar plexus with the higher chakras, connecting physical and mental planes. In fact, it’s a wonderful crystal for communication, especially when connecting with the spiritual realm. Most pieces on the market are heat-treated amethyst since naturally occurring ametrine is uncommon. In fact, it was unknown in Europe until Spaniards brought some back from South America to the Queen of Spain.
There’s a legend that goes along with this origin story, saying that the ametrine mine was a wedding gift to a soldier marrying the daughter of the chief of the Ayoreo tribe. But soon it was time for the soldier, Don Felipe, to go back to Spain. His bride Anahi was torn between her husband and her tribe, but in the end, decided to go back to Spain with Don Felipe. The tribe didn’t want to lose her, though, and some of them conspired to kill Don Felipe.
Anahi warned her husband of the plot in time to save him, but was herself accidentally injured in the attack. As she lay dying, she gave Don Felipe a piece of ametrine, telling him the two colors represented her divided loyalty. He took some of the precious stone back to Spain, along with a broken heart. There’s still an Anahi Mine named after the young woman in Bolivia, where the stone comes from.
One Way to Work with Ametrine:
If there’s someone on the other side you want to communicate with, you can use ametrine to help make that connection. Find some small thing that belonged to them, or a photograph of them, or if that’s not possible simply write their name on a piece of paper. Place the ametrine on top of this, and cover the ametrine with both your hands. Be very focused on the person you want to communicate with. You may feel a message coming from them, and/or feel called to deliver a message to them. This technique also works for connecting with animals, spirit guides, and other types of beings.
Learn to use crystals with POWERFUL Crystal Affirmations!