One way to use this stone: Golden topaz is an excellent stone to wear in jewelry, since it can improve both your energy level and your mood.
A Crystal Message about the Healing Properties of Golden Imperial Topaz: “I am a stone of ancient wisdom. I connect with with the knowledge of your ancestors and open your mind to new ideas and ways of being. Feel your mind expand and become one with universal source.”
Common Healing Properties of Golden Imperial Topaz:
- Brings the divine light of spirit into the physical body
- Neutralizes the energy of cancerous cells within the body
- Opens the crown chakra
- Enhances meditation
- Facilitates spiritual exploration
- Encourages world travel and the understanding of other cultures
- Enhances your understanding of ancient wisdom
- Aids in forgiving oneself as well as others
- Relieves symptoms of upset stomach, digestive pain or discomfort, or gastric upset
- Increases strength
- Boosts physical energy
Colors: Soft yellow-gold, Deep amber, Orange, Yellow-Orange
Associated Chakras: Solar Plexus (3rd), Crown (7th)
Zodiac Signs: Scorpio, Sagittarius
Elements: Fire, Earth
Companion Flowers: Yellow Iris
Companion Essential Oil: Myrrh
Companion Stone: Prasiolite (Green Amethyst)
Common Origins: Brazil
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get information about the chemical composition, hardness, streak, etc. of this crystal from one of my favorite sites!
Cathy Douglas, from my new age shop Mimosa Books & Gifts, had this to share:
Golden topaz was one of the first crystals discovered and used by mankind, prized for its connection with the sun. It’s also known as the “Sunday Gemstone,” both because its color associates it with the sun, and because this spiritual stone is traditionally valued for lifting curses. Its oldest known use is for turning away the evil eye, and ever since it has been associated with just about anything eye-related. Saint Hildegarde went so far as to claim that a piece of topaz taken into a dark chapel would give off so much light, you could even read a prayer book by it.
She also recommended a crystal elixir of sorts for eye ailments: topaz soaked in wine and applied to the eyelids, with the leftover wine used as an eyewash over the next few days. And topaz was said to have another odd power: when placed in anything poisonous, it would become invisible. (This sounds a bit unlikely, so we don’t really recommend it… For that matter, we’re kinda dubious about the wine thing too.) Nowadays, people still see topaz as a stone of light that can surround us with a golden and spiritual glow. This sunny crystal is useful for mental irregularities such as insomnia and nightmares, as well as matters of positive spiritual development.
Learn to use POWERFUL Crystal Affirmations!
Latest posts by Ashley Leavy (see all)
- Stones from Space: Using Tektites & Meteorites for Healing & More - January 17, 2018
- Gemstones for the Days of the Week - January 10, 2018
- Top 5 Quick Fix Ways to Use Crystals for the New Year - January 3, 2018