A Crystal Message about the Healing Properties of Iolite: “I allow myself to be guided by the positive energies around me and within me.”
Common Healing Properties of Iolite:
- Aids in providing you with direction and guidance (physical and spiritual)
- Instills hope during difficult times
- Promotes feelings of peace, calming, and tranquility
- Assists in communication with your inner-self so you can better understand how you’re feeling
- Works as a crystal ally companion for journeying
- Heals and aligns the body, mind, and spirit
- Provides you with a deeper spiritual understanding of your life path
- Helps you circumvent obstacles that you may face in the future
- Encourages inner strength & courage
- Allows you to trust the important messages from your intuition rather than second-guess them
- Encourages you to step out on new paths and get excited about exploring new realms (inner & outer)
Associated Chakras: 5th (Throat), 6th (Third Eye)
Zodiac Signs: Sagittarius, Pisces, Cancer
Elements: Water, Air
Companion Flowers: Squill (Scilia)
Companion Essential Oil: Blue Spruce
Companion Stone: Pyrite
Common Origins: India, Tanzania, Myamnar, Austria
Notes: Also known as Water Sapphire, Cordierite, and Viking’s Compass.
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get more information about this crystal!
More Information About Iolite:
Iolite is sometimes called “water sapphire,” but that’s a little misleading, since it isn’t really a type of sapphire at all. It’s actually the gemstone variety of cordierite.
Iolite is known as the “viking’s compass,” because it can be used to determine the position of the sun on a cloudy day. It has an optical property called pleochroism, meaning the stone takes on a completely different color depending on the direction of whatever light is illuminating it. Even on a cloudy day, light always comes from the actual direction of the sun. So the sailor could find the sun’s position by positioning the stone at various angles until the right color appeared, and by knowing where the sun was, he could figure out his own position and direction. On a viking ship, the crystal would be set within a marked frame to help the navigator interpret this information.
One Way to Work with Iolite:
If you have an important choice to make, you can use iolite for divination. Write each of your options on a piece of paper, then hold the iolite crystal over each one in turn. The intensity of the crystal’s color can give you guidance in making a choice.