A Crystal Message about the Healing Properties of Smoky Quartz: “Connect to the energy of the earth and bathe yourself in the grounding, protective energy it has to share with you.”
Common Healing Properties of Smoky Quartz:
- Promotes grounding
- Enhances protection from negative energy
- Increases energy during meditation
- Encourages environmental concern and ecological consciousness
- Relieves stress
- Promotes peace and calming
- Blocks electromagnetic pollution
- Reduces geopathic stress
- Aids in detoxifying the physical body
- Removes fear
- Enhances passion
- Dispels bad dreams
- Enhances accuracy in scrying divination
- Promotes intuitive insight
- Stimulates concentration
- Promotes communication
- Aids in stilling the mind for successful meditation
- Helpful for energetic support of people undergoing chemotherapy
- Aids in manifesting
- Assists one in managing detailed projects
- Relieves physical pain
- Heals problems associated with the lower half of the physical body
- Removes headache pain
Associated Chakras: 1st (Root)
Zodiac Signs: Capricorn, Scorpio, Taurus, Virgo
Companion Flowers: Bloodroot
Companion Essential Oil: Cardamom
Companion Stone: Mookaite Jasper
Common Origins: Brazil, Australia, Colorado (USA)
Notes: Also commonly spelled “Smokey” Quartz.
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get information about the chemical composition, hardness, streak, etc. of this crystal from one of my favorite sites!
The staff at my new age shop, Mimosa Books & Gifts, had this to share:
Smoky quartz is a form of quartz with traces of lithium and/or aluminum, which give it a gray-to-brown shade, ranging from pale to almost black. It’s a great stone for grounding higher energies, making it an excellent helper for those working with dream healing, astral travel, and shamanic journeying. Smoky quartz offers great protection against negative energies that can interfere with healing work or spiritual growth. It is the national gemstone of Scotland, and the ancient Celts used it to adorn both ceremonial jewelry and weapons.
It is one of the traditional birthstones for Scorpio.
This crystal is wonderful for meditation and spiritual endeavors, but also very helpful for stress, anxiety, panic attacks, and dealing with negative energy in everyday life. If your own emotions and moods sometimes get in the way of inner peace, try “filtering” out negativity by selecting a piece of smoky quartz that speaks to you personally and working with it on a regular basis.
Learn to use crystals with POWERFUL Crystal Affirmations!