Pink Botswana Agate is a warm, earthy, extensively patterned Agate from Botswana in Africa.
Common Healing Properties of Pink Botswana Agate:
- Promotes emotional balance
- Instills compassion
- Enhances excitement for your passions and creative pursuits
- Helps to soften a “rough around the edges” personality
- Increases optimism
- Aids in supporting friendships during difficult times
- Helps you to work through your fears
- Supports you as you work to overcome your self-limiting beliefs
- Instills instinctive nurturing
- Enhances gentleness and passion
Notes: Also known as Pink Limpopo River Agate
Common Origins: Botswana
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get more information about this crystal!
More Information About Agates:
Agate comes in a huge variety of colors and patterns, many named for plants and animals. These names not only describe the stone’s appearance, but they also add meaning to the stone’s uses as well. Ancient Greeks called tawny-colored ones “lion skin agates”; these stones had great strength, and could counteract a wide range of poisons, especially scorpion stings. In Hebrew tradition, one could gain courage by plucking a hair from a lion’s mane — but if that seemed a little too ambitious to start out with, you could substitute a lion skin agate instead! On the other hand, ancient writers cautioned against keeping agates with the spotty pattern of hyena fur, claiming those would cause domestic trouble. The green of a tree agate would attract positive attention from the agricultural goddess Ceres; farmers not only wore this stone as an amulet, but they’d also tie a piece to the horn of their ox while plowing. Across many cultures and times, we’ve come to see and make use of many connections between plant, animal, and mineral kingdoms, as well as connections with eternal realms.