A Crystal Message about the Healing Properties of Citrine: “It’s time for you to fully embrace your courage, confidence, success, and self-worth.”
Common Healing Properties of Citrine:
- Increases creativity
- Protects you from negative energies
- Activates your intuition
- Helps you to manifest abundance, wealth, and prosperity
- Encourages sharing
- Promotes happiness and joy
- Increases your self-esteem and confidence
- Encourages a positive attitude
- Enhance concentration
- Helps you to overcome your fears
- Increases ease of communication
- Balances your emotions
- Instills inner-strength and inner power
- Can energetically diminish the symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Energetically supports the healing of eye problems
- Energetically helps with blood circulation
- Can help to rebalance your energy to relieve menstrual or digestive problems
- Energetically supports and balances the thyroid
Associated Chakras: 3rd (Solar Plexus), 7th (Crown)
Zodiac Signs: Leo, Virgo
Elements: Earth, Fire
Companion Flowers: Coreopsis (Tickseed)
Companion Essential Oil: Amber
Companion Stone: Sodalite
Common Origins: Brazil, D.R. Congo
Notes: A variety of Quartz. May be natural or created by heat-treating Amethyst to change its color from purple to yellow.
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get information about the chemical composition, hardness, streak, etc. of this crystal from one of my favorite sites!
Mimosa’s staff had this to share:
Citrine is a yellow to brown form of quartz, with most pieces a golden yellow that’s reminiscent of topaz. It forms naturally when trace amounts of iron are trapped in quartz, as it crystallizes. This is the same process that forms amethyst; the only difference is that citrine forms under higher temperature. In fact, most citrine available commercially is made by heating amethyst, as naturally occurring citrine is rare.
Citrine is the “Merchant’s Stone,” because it is associated with success and prosperity. Older references are rare because it’s been confused with topaz until relatively recent times, but this use has been consistent. Citrine has been associated with the solar plexus chakra. It aids healing throughout the digestive system, and aids metabolism in general. For example, even though the thyroid gland is typically associated with the throat chakra because of its position, healers may use citrine to enhance its function.