Healers and crystal workers have long prized the beautiful and famous Brandberg Amethyst crystals, using them for energy work and psychic development of all types.
Common Healing Properties of Brandberg Amethyst:
- Promotes harmony and balance
- Amplifies your energy
- Aids you in creating and manifesting
- Instills empathy & compassion
- Aids in times of transformation by helping you move through with greater ease
- Enhances meditation
- A companion for energetic healing
- Promotes spiritual growth
- Connects you with your guides
- Facilitates cleansing the energy body or of your space
- Promotes expansion of mind & awareness
Colors: Transparent to translucent violet with smoky brown or clear areas
Common Origins: Erongo, Namibia (Brandberg Region)
Notes: The Brandberg is the highest mountain range in Namibia and produces perhaps the finest energy Amethyst on earth.
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get more information about this crystal!
More Information About Brandberg Amethyst:
Brandberg Amethyst is a purple, macrocrystalline variety of Quartz found only in the Brandberg area of Namibia. These crystals may be found as large single points or as clusters or elestial crystals. Colors range from pale lilac to bright violet, to deep purple, often with smoky brown or clear areas. The most sought-after Brandberg crystals display enhydros (small air bubbles filled with water).
Although Brandberg Amethyst is a recent mineralogical find and has no known specific historical uses, its proximity to the Brandberg Mountain is thought to imbue it with the sacred energy of the mountain’s thousands of cave paintings and carvings.
Its strong spiritual vibration calls in your guides to assist you with big life changes or obstacles. It also radiates a purifying energy that can be used to cleanse your energy body or sacred space. Brandberg Amethyst helps you to connect to your ancestral roots. It is a stone of consciousness expansion and encourages personal growth and dissolution of the ego-mind. It encourages you to be present in the current moment and let go of attachments from the past or anxiety about the future.
Place your Brandberg Amethyst crystal in a place of prominence in your home. It is best used on an altar where you can meditate and connect with your ancestors or guides for guidance on your life’s journey. You may also hold it in your sending (dominant) hand and pass it through your aura, like a comb, sweeping away any negativity and dissolving unwanted energetic debris from your field.
More Information About Amethyst:
Amethyst is a variety of quartz that contains traces of iron and ranges in color from the lightest lilac to a deep violet. It’s been considered a protective, healing stone from the earliest times. In fact, even its name refers to one of its ancient protective functions: a (anti-) + methustos (intoxicated). Wine taken from an amethyst cup, they said, would never make you drunk! (A possible mechanism for this: the host may have disguised the fact that he’d watered his wine by pouring it into a deep purple cup. It could work. . .) Amethyst has kept its association with virtue through time, protecting one’s better nature against temptation. In fact, the highest grade of amethyst is still known as “bishop’s grade.”
Uses of Amethyst:
Amethyst makes a good meditation stone; as such, it works well as a source of beads for malas and rosaries. But it’s also a very common stone, useful to anyone for its calming protection, easing the cycles of dreams and sleep. The related benefits, clarity in meditation and restful dreams, can help fix the confusion and occasional case of the blahs that can be a side effect of an active–sometimes too active–imagination. It goes well with lavender, both amethyst and lavender calm body and mind, nurturing us into other states of consciousness. Not only does Amethyst connect to conscious awareness, it also has many practical uses and is great for all types of healing.
We enjoy learning about obscure stones, but amethyst definitely does not fit into that category. A highly protective and spiritual crystal, amethyst has a metaphysical history that goes back at least as far as the ancient Egyptians, probably much farther. We can only deepen our appreciation by looking at the rich historical lore of amethyst:
- In Egypt, it was associated with the astrological sign of the goat. Since goats love to eat grape vines, they were an enemy of drunkenness. The earliest known connection between amethyst and sobriety came through this association.
- Egyptians ascribed special protective powers to amethyst when carved in the shape of the heart, a symbol they used to ward off sorcery. They wore the heart with a feather as a protective amulet.
- Ancient Hebrews used many forms of oneiromancy. Not only did they interpret dreams to read the future, they also used the magical practice of controlling dreams, and of controlling reality through dreams. Amethyst was a helpful guide for these dreams and visions, mainly as a means of enhancing virtue, which in turn lead to spiritual growth.
- Roman imperial soldiers wore amethyst amulets for protection in battle.
- Medieval Europeans saw even broader applications for amethyst as a stone of protection. They used it for protection against thieves, evil thoughts, wild beasts, and other enemies.