A Crystal Message about the Healing Properties of Black Tourmaline: “You are energetically safe, secure, and protected.”
Common Healing Properties of Black Tourmaline:
- Protects you against electromagnetic pollution and negative energy
- Enhances grounding
- Increases your physical energy
- Banishes negativity and negative thoughts
- Enhances positive thinking and creativity
- Reduces geopathic stress
- Strengthens the immune system
- Cleanses the physical and ethereal bodies
- Aids in decreasing arthritis pain
- Relieves anxiety by keeping you mindful of the present moment
Associated Chakras: 1st (Root)
Zodiac Signs: Scorpio, Libra, Capricorn
Companion Flowers: Toad Lily
Companion Essential Oil: Ginger
Companion Stone: Selenite
Common Origins: Brazil, China
Notes: Also known as Schorl or as Aphrizite. Often found with Quartz or Mica.
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get information about the chemical composition, hardness, streak, etc. of this crystal from one of my favorite sites!
Mimosa’s Staff Had This to Share:
Tourmaline comes in a variety of colors, but the most common is the iron-rich black variety known as Schorl. This is our go-to stone for protection and removal of negative energy. Many people keep a piece with them all the time — either in a pocket or purse, or worn as a pendant or bracelet.
The formula of Black Tourmaline is: