Healing Properties of Alexandrite: A Crystal for Metamorphosis & Change
Alexandrite is a phenomenal, color-changing variety of Chrysoberyl. The color-changing quality of this stone is known as pleochrosim.
Common Healing Properties of Alexandrite:
- Brings peace and calm when you’re feeling anxious or nervous
- Supports you as you work to banish jealousy
- Balancing your body, mind, and spirit
- Helps you go with the flow and adapt to new people, surroundings, or circumstances
- Helps you direct anger in a useful and productive way by transforming it into action
- Promotes positive change and transformation
Notes: Also known as Chameleon Stone or as Diaphanite. The form of chrysoberyl known as Alexandrite has the amazing property of changing color in different lighting. Alexandrite is associated with Thursday (Thor’s Day) and is also an alternative birthstone for the month of June (instead of Pearl or Moonstone).
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get more information about this crystal!
More Information About Alexandrite:
If you search for images of chrysoberyl online, you’ll see it has quite a wide variety of appearances, from transparent golden gemstones to greenish cat’s-eyes, to a garnet-like red. The less expensive variety, though not exactly gemmy, is a very pretty blue. This mineral was only identified a couple of hundred years ago. But because the form of chrysoberyl known as Alexandrite has the amazing property of changing color in different lighting, it’s also known as Chameleon Stone! Chrysoberyl is said to have a strong association with the planet Mercury, connecting it to shapeshifting and bringing messages.