A Crystal Message about the Healing Properties of Gaia Stone: “You are grounded, centered, and nurtured by the spirit of the earth.”
Common Healing Properties of Gaia Stone:
- Enhances your connection with nature and with Mother Earth herself
- Encourages love and compassion for all beings
- Enhances all earth healing practices
- Facilitates communication with beings of the animal and plant realms
- Opens your heart and mind to the importance of environmental activism
- Encourages you to “think globally and act locally”
- Promotes harmony and balance for the good of all beings in the universe
- Enhances grounding and centering practices
- Nurtures you with the support of loving, earth energy
Associated Chakras: 1st (Root), 4th (Heart)
Zodiac Signs: Taurus, Virgo, Libra
Elements: Earth, Fire
Companion Flowers: Goat’s Beard
Companion Essential Oil: Fennel
Companion Stone: Lava Rock
Common Origins: Washington, USA
Notes: Created by heating the chromium-rich ash from the Mount St. Helens eruption. Also known as Helenite.
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get more information about this crystal!
The staff at my new age shop, Mimosa Books & Gifts, had this to share:
Gaia Stone is just one of the names given to the gorgeous volcanic glass associated with the 1980 Mount St. Helens eruption. It also goes by Green Obsidianite, Helenite, Emerald (or sometimes Ruby) Obsidianite, and Mt. Saint Helens Emerald.
The eruption itself produced no obsidian, but it was discovered afterwards in an interesting way: workers trying to salvage equipment buried in the blast noticed that the heat from their acetylene torches transformed the surrounding ash to brilliant glass — sometimes green, other times bright red.
While the Gaia Stone we see now is man-made, it’s colored by the same trace elements as the original: aluminum, iron, chromium, titanium and copper. Because this lucky find seemed like a gift from the Earth herself, it came to be known as Gaia Stone, after the ancient Greek Earth goddess. This connection helps us discover the stone’s heart-chakra properties of love and connection with Mother Earth.
Care and safety: Since this is a form of glass, it’s highly breakable.
More About Crystals for Earth Healing:
Learn to use crystals with POWERFUL Crystal Affirmations!