Healing Properties of Septarian Nodule: A Crystal for Calming & Tranquility
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
A Crystal Message about the Healing Properties of Septarian Nodule: “I am grounded, safe, and balanced and I’m ready to create positive change in my life.”
Common Healing Properties of Septarian Nodule:
- Promotes bravery and courage
- Balances and calms fiery attitudes (anger, frustration, etc.)
- Facilitates grounding
- Connects you with the energies of the fire element
- Helps you learn the value and importance self-control
- Stabilizes the emotional body
- Aid in transformation (physical, emotional, and spiritual)
- Helps you to become well-rounded
- Assists you in releasing the fear of water or drowning
- Enhances self-confidence
- Lets your inner light shine through to be seen by others
- Aids in disorders of the digestive system
- Increases joy and happiness
- Increases prosperity and abundance
- Stabilizes the emotional body
- Enhances “attitude of gratitude”
- Promotes communication with your inner-self
- Encourages a playful relationship with your inner child
- Balances the emotions
- Relieves intestinal upset
- Helps you see the love that you deserve in your life
- Helps you to solve your problems by enhancing your multi-tasking abilities and encourages you to consider many different options at once
Associated Chakras: 1st (Root), 2nd (Sacral)
Zodiac Signs: Taurus, Leo, Virgo, Capricorn, Scorpio
Elements: Earth, Fire
Companion Flowers: Wild Ginger
Companion Essential Oil: Cinnamon
Companion Stone: Golden Calcite
Common Origins: Morocco
Notes: This stone contains Golden Calcite and Brown Aragonite
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get more information about this crystal!
The staff at my new age shop, Mimosa Books & Gifts, had this to share:
Septarian shields are a formation where brown aragonite has formed into a concretion or nodule*, then cracked as it dries out over time. The cracks have then been filled in with a solution of calcium carbonate, which has hardened into a white-to-yellow mineral. When these nodules — a type of geode — are cracked open, we can see the two minerals have formed a fascinating pattern. No two pieces are the same. The name “septarian” comes from the Latin word for the number seven. This is due to the fact that seven is a common number of main divisions to find in the geode. This formation is also called a Thunder Egg.
* Note: There’s a technical geological difference between concretions and nodules, but the septarian shields are commonly called both concretions and nodules.
Septarian Nodule Lore:
Septarian shields are great for peaceful contemplation, but they originated from processes that were not peaceful at all. Way back in the time of the dinosaurs, when water covered a large part of what is now America, volcanic eruptions killed large numbers of tiny sea animals. After their shells sank to the bottom of the sea, mud balls formed around them.
Later, when the seas dried up, the mud balls were left high and dry, and they cracked. But as they say, nature abhors a vacuum; in time, mineral-rich water filled in the cracks with chalky guck. The pretty patterns we see in the geodes we call septarian shields come from the conglomeration of all these sources: whitish calcite from in the center, brown aragonite from the shells, and grey limestone from those primeval mud balls. When you crack one open, you’re seeing a piece of the earth’s history.
6 responses to “Healing Properties of Septarian Nodule: A Crystal for Calming & Tranquility”
Great podcast! I like septarian stone.
So glad you enjoyed it! crystal blessings
I love your articles but you often mention crystals that I have never heard of before (which could be because I am fairly new at this crystal stuff). Where does one find a crystal like septarian stone to buy? I don’t trust amazon for crystals since I don’t know any buyers that have been recommended as trustworthy. Anyone on etsy you could recommend? I see your shop is in Wisconsin (yeah my home state but I am no where near you to go to the shop to buy it). Help please and thank you.
Thanks so much Chris! We actually have some REALLY beautiful ones at the shop now and we ship worldwide. They may not be listed on the website, but you can see them here and just contact my staff by phone or email to set up a mail order <3 https://www.instagram.com/p/BuCJgZpHyeR/
Are these also called dragon stone, they look much like a couple I purchased in the Big Apple years back and thats what they were calling them???
Yes, Ashley talks about this in the podcast section 🙂 crystal blessings